Tuesday, October 12, 2004

There must be more to life than eating really really ridiculously good cooking!

The title says it all... Ok, not really. We ate a scrumptious Chinese dinner from the comfort of our own home. Not take out, I just happened to have married the world's most amazing culinary magician. So maybe I'm bragging but I dare the most experienced Cathay Inn diner to step forward, taste and then brazenly lie and say my wife's chow mein doesn't excel above the aforesaid restaurant's subgum. Perhaps I'm predisposed to my position but the challenge stands.
Menu,
Almond Chicken
Pork Egg Rolls
Fried Rice
Chow Mein
Sweet Tea

4 Comments:

Blogger Isaiah Eyre said...

I want some...

11:29 PM  
Blogger RickCapezza said...

Um, we definitely have to plan a Chinese cuisine night when Rick and I come... :) :) :)

-Rach

11:01 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

*BLUSH*
I really didn't think it was quite as good as all that; but it was pretty good...I was pleased with the chow mein recipe, in particular. Found it on cooks.com, after searching through several recipes they had.
Oh, and with the egg rolls...I cheated. They were from a box, frozen, from Costco. But they was good!
The almond chicken will need some alterations next time I make it. As it was, I had already altered it. (I almost never follow a recipe exactly.)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Hey now Rebekah, I *know* Forrest has good taste! Don't be so modest! I bet it was just fantastic! (you know, I've eaten at your house too....)
I just wish Heidi liked Chinese food. We went Mexican last night (after the family science night at Logos) and it was very good, but you folks really made my mouth water!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home