Monday, November 08, 2004

Real christian writing

"We know that God is everywhere; but certianly we feel His presence mostwhen His works are on the grandest scale spread before us; and it is in the unclouded night-sky, where His worlds wheel in their silent course, that we read clearest His infinitude, His omnipotence, His omnipresence. I had risen to my knees to pray for Mr. Rochester. Looking up, I, with tear-dimmed eyes, saw the mighty Milky Way. Remembering what it was--what countless systems there swept spacelike a soft trace of light--I felt the might and streangth of God. Sure was I of His efficiency to save what He had made: convenced I grew that neither earth should perish, nor one of the souls it treasured. I turned my prayer to thanksgiving: the Source of Life was also the Savior of spirits. Mr. Rochester was safe: he was God's, and by God he would be guarded."
Jane Eyre
Charlotte Bronte

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I just finished that book. It was really good and enjoyable.
Hilary

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home