Saturday, April 02, 2005

Praying for the Pope

So I found myself praying for the Pope yesterday, that our Lord would take him home and give him the presence of mind to make anything right that he already hasn't.
And then I got to thinking, a year or so ago I wouldn't have been doing this, but why?
Why should not I, who am a baptized professor of Christ, pray for another of the same?
I am not saying he doesn't have his wrong beliefs, but can I state that he isn't trusting in Christ alone for his salvation?
So are you praying for the Pope?

3 Comments:

Blogger lilshortbread said...

i don't think i've ever visited ur blog... but i was praying for the pope... i also got riled up after his death and posted about it... check it out if u want :-)

~Alison Doige...

(got here thru emily hofstede's blog)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Salar37_Shushan said...

Yes, we were praying for the Pope though we don't have the doubts about his salvation that you seem to have.

My daughter was blessed to make a highly appropriate fractal image, angelic miter, which we ended up submitting to the memorial they are putting together for him.

No matter what you may think of his doctrine, I think we can all agree that he did much good and was faithful to what he believed.

God bless you!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Forrest said...

I'm sorry if I implied that I doubted in his salvation (he was after all baptised) that was not my intent.
Just curious, how did you find my blog.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home