Saturday, November 27, 2004

Snow, Trees and Advent

Ahhh... it finaly arrived, our first real snow. While it's not a marshmallow world yet I have faith.
So now it's time for the tree, the last two years we've gone with Rebekah's family to get our tree at the Camden Ranch Tree Farm but they are closed for two years to let the trees grow back, so we will probably go to Huckaba's in Greenbluff. We are also breaking tradition and getting ours now so we can go with the fam later as Rick & Rachel will be here and we don't want to miss any visiting time with them.
And to top everything off Advent starts tommorrow!!!!!!! Those who don't like the winter must be crazy, I mean what's not to like? All the wonderful Advent celebrations and snow( yes I'm an adult and not only that, I drive for a living so there!).
Christ is born! Glorify Him!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of marshmallow world, I couldn't believe it yesterday! I am certain we got five inches of snow. It would be very cool if this was a foretaste of this winter! I decided I'm still a Northwest girl. Yesterday I got up at 6:00, looked out the window and was amazed (there was only enough snow to cover the ground at that time, and the sidewalk was slush). Ok, prepare yourself, this is why I don't think I'm Nevadan yet: I went out in my jammies and bare feet, stood in the slush and ... cried. Sorry folks, but there it is. The kids and I played out there for quite a while (it helped that the electricity was off because of the 'heavy' snow fall), and we made forts and snowmen and things like that. ahhh, snow!

~Holly

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matthew said...
Lucky!! We got maybe an inch. It was pretty pathetic but oh well, January is when the real fun comes. "Fun" that is, until you have to push foot-deep snow off the roof with a push broom. And yeah, that would be pretty awxome if that were just the beginning. Anyway, peathe out...

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home